Coating agent for drawing
These are salt-based with main ingredients being sulfates, borax, carbonates, silicates, polymers, and other ingredients.
A coating is mainly a powder that has to be dissolved in water at approx. 80-90°C. The coating functions as a layer that stays between the wire and die to maintain roughness consistency for drawing.
Support of the Coating to Higher Efficiency of the Drawing Process:
- It is a safe instrument to cover all uneven areas on the wire surface
- It applies a precision of roughness on the wire which provides a higher lubrication
- It moves together with the wire through the die to avoid the steel-to-steel contact (elongation)
- It stays until the end of the drawing line between the wire and lubricant at a precise level
- It leads the lubricant through the die